Monday, July 25, 2011
Once there was an old man who lived in a tiny village. Although poor, he was envied by all, for he owned a beautiful white horse. Even the king coveted his treasure. A horse like this had never been seen before – such was its splendor, its majesty, its strength.
People offered fabulous prices for the steed, but the old man always refused. “This horse is not a horse to me,” he would tell them. “It is a person. How could you sell a person? He is a friend, not a possession. How could you sell a friend.” The man was poor and the temptation was great. But he never sold the horse.
One morning he found that the horse was not in his stable. All the village came to see him. “You old fool,” they scoffed, “we told you that someone would steal your horse. We warned you that you would be robbed. You are so poor. How could you ever protect such a valuable animal? It would have been better to have sold him. You could have gotten whatever price you wanted. No amount would have been to high. Now the horse is gone and you’ve been cursed with misfortune.”
The old man responded, “Don’t speak too quickly. Say only that the horse is not in the stable. That is all we know; the rest is judgment. If I’ve been cursed or not, how can you know? How can you judge?”
The people contested, “Don’t make us out to be fools! We may not be philosophers, but great philosophy is not needed. The simple fact that your horse is gone is a curse.”
The old man spoke again. “All I know is that the stable is empty, and the horse is gone. The rest I don’t know. Whether it be a curse or a blessing, I can’t say. All we can see is a fragment. Who can say what will come next?”
The people of the village laughed. They thought that the man was crazy. They had always thought he was a fool; if he wasn’t, he would have sold the horse and lived off the money. But instead, he was a poor woodcutter, and old man still cutting firewood and dragging it out of the forest and selling it. He lived hand to mouth in the misery of poverty. Now he had proven that he was, indeed, a fool.
After fifteen days, the horse returned. He hadn’t been stolen; he had run away into the forest. Not only had he returned, he had brought a dozen wild horses with him. Once again, the village people gathered around the woodcutter and spoke. “Old man, you were right and we were wrong. What we thought was a curse was a blessing. Please forgive us.”
The man responded, “Once again, you go too far. Say only that the horse is back. State only that a dozen horses returned with him, but don’t judge. How do you know if this is a blessing or not? You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge? You read only one page of a book. Can you judge the whole book? You read only one word of one phrase. Can you understand the entire phrase?”
“Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. All you have is one fragment! Don’t say that this is a blessing. No one knows. I am content with what I know. I am not perturbed by what I don’t.”
“Maybe the old man is right,” they said to one another. So they said little. But down deep, they knew he was wrong. They knew it was a blessing. Twelve wild horses had returned. With a little work, the animals could be broken and trained and sold for much money.
The old man had a son, an only son. The young man began to break the wild horses. After a few days, he fell from one of the horses and broke both legs. Once again the villagers gathered around the old man and cast their judgments.
“You were right,” they said. “You proved you were right. The dozen horses were not a blessing. They were a curse. Your only son has broken both his legs, and now in your old age you have no one to help you. Now you are poorer than ever.”
The old man spoke again. “You people are obsessed with judging. Don’t go so far. Say only that my son broke his legs. Who knows if it is a blessing or a curse? No one knows. We only have a fragment. Life comes in fragments.”
It so happened that a few weeks later the country engaged in war against a neighboring country. All the young men of the village were required to join the army. Only the son of the old man was excluded, because he was injured. Once again the people gathered around the old man, crying and screaming because their sons had been taken. There was little chance that they would return. The enemy was strong, and the war would be a losing struggle. They would never see their sons again.
“You were right, old man,” They wept. “God knows you were right. This proves it. Your son’s accident was a blessing. His legs may be broken, but at least he is with you. Our sons are gone forever.”
The old man spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. No one knows. Say only this. Your sons had to go to war, and mine did not. No one knows if it is a blessing or a curse.
No one is wise enough to know. Only God knows.”
Saturday, July 23, 2011
In any group setting, whether at work or in a social environment, the energy is divided into 12 Archetypical roles according to Cosmic Laws. This webinar will introduce you to each of these 12 roles; which are the roles people play in group situations, which are often acted out unconsciously. Kargen Kanesh will talk about t how to become the conscious observer unidentified with just one role - and yet how to be able to flexibly play the appropriate role in any situation.
This Knowledge will help you to:
Learn how to determine your role in a group and the roles of others
Determine main roles you typically play and their energetic significance
Learn how to play different roles in a group setting and not be attached to any of them
Learn how to take on a significant role and maintain harmonious and well-organized group setting
Kargan Kenesh’s (in ancient Siberian language it means ‘wisdom tree’) work is a powerful blend of practice and direct transmission of spiritual, healing and artistic knowledge, which seeks to harmonize the synchronic development of all aspect of each person’s essential being, and to awaken the divine individuality of each student.
In this time of turmoil and upheaval for the planet Earth, quickly approaching a climax when more and more catastrophes knock closer and closer at our door, he delivers a message of hope, strength, transformation healing and spiritual growth.
“You are a spiritual warrior, master of your inner state, creating your reality as the world is a play!”
Sunday, July 17, 2011
The main idea of the Gospel is that man starts his spiritual development only when he “awakens”. For instance the Gospel very often says that Jesus keeps telling his students to stay awake.
33. Look out, be awake, and pray, as you do not know, when this time will come.
34. In the same way as someone when leaving his house gives his servants authority and chores to do and orders the gatekeeper to stay awake.
35. So stay awake as you do not know when the owner is coming back: evening, or night, or at the dawn or in the morning.
36. Because he might come back home unexpectedly and find you asleep.
37. What I tell you, I tell to everyone: stay awake
(Mark, ch.13) and so on
Let us look at the Gospel from the esoteric point of view. For the beginning let’s look at Jesus’ birth. The birth of Jesus signifies the birth of consciousness. The Bible shows how it appears by describing the lineage of Jesus.
2. Abraham gave birth to Isaac; Isaac gave birth to Jacob; Jacob gave birth to Judah and his brothers… (Matthew, ch.1)
…from Adam – God’s son. What does it tell us? It tells us that Jesus was also God’s son. That is how allegorically the development of consciousness is depicted, how it goes through the stages of development and reincarnation. Moving from one to another, from generation to generation this consciousness is expressed in Jesus. So Jesus was born. His birth was inaugurated by signs (for example, the Bethlehem star):
1. When Jesus was born in Judea’s city of Bethlehem during the days of king Herod, magicians from the east came and said:
2. Where is Judea’s newborn King? We saw the star of the East and came to pay our respects and make our reverence.
3. After hearing that the king got worried, and all of Jerusalem got worried with him (from Matthew, chapter 2).
Herod finds out that a new king is born and gives an order to massacre all infants in Bethlehem up to 2 years old. In the esoteric meaning, king Herod who ordered to kill the babies – is ego, i.e. that which does not want the consciousness to develop therefore tries to kill it still in the infant state, therefore the Bible story tells us that, for as long as king Herod is alive (as long as we have an ego) it will do anything to kill Jesus (our consciousness).
You probably know by now that each man has both a King and a Slave in him. The Slave in us rules when we are not developing spiritually Therefore when our Slave (king Herod) finds out that the King (Jesus) is born, he becomes restless, mad, he has one desire – to kill the King, not to give him a chance to develop – this is the Bible’s story and shows us how our ego behaves (through the behaviour of king Herod). But the consciousness cannot be killed! That is why the parents of Jesus manage to hide him, he survives, i.e. king Herod fails to kill him:
13. When they left – God’s Angel comes to Josef’s dream and says: get up, take the baby and his Mother and run to Egypt and stay there until I tell you. Herod wants to search for the baby in order to kill it.
14. He got up at night took the baby and his Mother and went to Egypt. (from Matthew, ch.2)
If we look at this aspect of the Bible from the point of view of shamanism (shamanism is the most ancient religion), we would see that at that moment all the power from the dead & killed babies (which is the power Kut in shamanism) goes over to Jesus.
But the Bible’s allegory also explains that precisely because of it all the energy of the dead babies went to Jesus. He was precisely the one to gather all this power so that he could fulfil his high purpose. Jesus is a shaman. From the shamanic point of view the meaning of the infants’ death after the birth of the future savoir of humanity is very clear. The magic aspect of it is that the power of all the babies passes over to one – the one who has survived, and he becomes the strongest one as he obtains the power Kut.
When a man prepares to become a shaman, always at the same time some of his relatives die (to give him their power Kut). The same is written in the Bible.
Jesus was born in a barn. What does it tell us? Animals are born in barns. All people are like animals, i.e. they are on the level of animals, their only concern is survival, until they become spiritual. Here the birth of consciousness is shown: from animal like to Godly.
How does human development happen? When a man is born he is on the level of his essence. A child does not have thoughts about anything, just simple desires: eat, sleep, walk – these are the natural desires of the essence, and the only ones that the child wants to satisfy. But then he is brought up by his parents and society, and in him a false personality is born that depends on his immediate environment. If a man would be brought up in a spiritual environment, his false personality would resemble this environment. For instance, Krishnamurti is a good example of that, he was in a spiritual environment from an early age and was brought up by spiritual people.
But even in that case, in order for the essence to develop one needs to make additional efforts. When Krishnamurti’s consciousness grows larger than his teachers, he leaves them. His false personality was of a different, higher level. Normally the false personality is lower in development than the spiritual one and also of the essence. When a man starts developing, he forms a spiritual personality which becomes higher than his essence. The higher the spiritual personality the more possible it is for the essence to develop further.
When just the false personality is present, and the spiritual personality does not yet exist, the essence is not nurtured and can not develop.
That is why it is said that the animal is holier than the human. Or sometimes we say about someone: “He is worse than an animal!” Why do we say so? Because the false personality in its development is lower than the essence, so even the animals’ seem higher and purer. If the development of the spiritual personality could be observed in terms of the way of how the perception of the world changes, the development of the essence on the other hand could be seen by the emergence of spiritual needs. A low essence has only physical needs. If an essence starts developing it already becomes capable of not just eating but also of feeling the food, unlike a dog; i.e. eating with higher impressions. As long as the false personality rules, the essence is restricted in its expressions and more so in its development. It has its natural needs but they are restricted. What is an ordinary man doing? He does not move much, he only eats, drinks, sleeps, breathes and all that…Not much movements. The results are: diseases, stresses, neuroses.
But when the spiritual personality starts developing man begins to understand that his essence needs to move more, to develop, to receive more impressions. A lot of interests appear, the essence starts moving out of all restrictions. If it wants to swim – it swims, if it wants to eat – it does it correctly, for instance one does not overeat; if it wants to rest – it choses the rest which is beneficial for health. It starts feeling what is beneficial for it. It will start actively developing itself.
If you are reading these words now it means that you are one whose spiritual personality is developing. But it does not mean that you do not have a false personality. The false personality often tunes into the spiritual. It is smart; one might not notice its expressions. The Spiritual personality – is that part in us which helps our essence to develop, which brings one the understanding that one really needs.
Precisely the spiritual personality helps us to receive knowledge and information needed for self-development. A cat, a dog and other animals cannot receive knowledge and information beneficial for their development. Men have personality which allows them to perceive things. The false personality perceives only the conditions of society and stereotypes; the spiritual personality strives to learn and to understand for itself what is good for it and what is bad. It is concerned with development of its essence, with becoming conscious, with becoming free.
Precisely the spiritual personality is the one which starts counting breaths. The striving for self-development is an attribute of the spiritual personality. When the spiritual personality is developed and formed then the essence transforms into Divine individuality. So Jesus is born and magicians come to him to express their reverence – it is the personification of spiritual parts striving for the light of the born consciousness.
10. When they saw the star they rejoiced.
11. When they entered the house they saw the Baby with Mary, his Mother and bowed to him; opened up their treasures and gifted him with gold, incense and………(Matthew, ch.2)
From the moment Jesus was born he presents a high level of consciousness and the bible describes it: for instance from an early age he studies and interprets the scriptures. Remember the moment when his parents lost him and it turned out that he was sitting in the temple and listening to the priests talk, and asking questions and he taught them things, too. Even his mother and father were surprised by this. There is a moment when they find him and say: “We are your mother and father!” He answers them: “Do you not know that I am the son of my Father, and where else is my place if not in the temple of my Father, the Holy Father?”
Here is where the division lies: the consciousness has a Father, the same way that the body has a father, but differently.
Consciousness is present in each human; it is born with each human. But the human is asleep; his consciousness is in a state of germination. Therefore humanity is in the state of animal. And only when a man connects to Higher knowledge does the consciousness begin to awaken. And if it would not be for Jesus coming to earth, we would still be on the level of animals.
If we look at the birth of Christ from the astrological point of view, we need to consider that first of all each human is born with a certain purpose which is reflected in his natal chart. I.e. the purpose of a man is connected to the planetary positions at the moment of his birth and the way they affect him. But many people are born at the same moment. So theoretically they would have to have the same purpose – one program, as they have the same natal chart. A cockroach could be born at the same time as Jesus Christ.
But the natal chart of a cockroach and a human being are two different things. Each one who is born carries only a part of this chart. People differ one from another in the same way as a cockroach and a man, as in a human society polarisation takes place: there is a leader, there is a subordinate, there are strong people – there are weak people, there are clever people – there are stupid ones and so on. Each one has his own purpose.
Naturally the strongest one becomes a leader in this group of people born at the same time. In this way it is described how it happened that Jesus became a leader: when all other infants were killed, Jesus received all the power from them whose natal charts matched his and their power was incorporated unto him.
So let’s return back to the main meaning of the Gospel. Why Jesus says:
3. I am telling you the truth: you will not enter the Heavenly Kingdom until you become child-like (Matthew, ch.18)?
It means that until your consciousness will awaken no one enters the Heavenly Kingdom. A child represents human consciousness.
Further the Bible describes how Jesus was christened. He goes to John for christening. John represents the moral part of our personality which formally follows the dogmas. He tells people:
25. They asked John: why do you christen if you are neither Christ, nor Eliah, nor a prophet?
26. John tells them in reply: I christen in water; but there is someone amongst you that you do not know.
27. He is the one who Follows me, but he is the one in front of me. I am not worthy to untie the belts of his shoes (from John, ch.1).
Water – it is high emotions. Jesus christens – i.e. fills up with high emotions. He gets in touch with his emotions, is christened and reaches a high state. After that the sky opens up and the Holy Spirit in the shape of a dove descends and they hear the voice of Christ. What is happening at that moment? The awakening of consciousness is happening. When a human fills up with high emotions they help him to awaken the consciousness. The more often a man prays, talks to God, remains in a state of prayer; the more subtle energy he receives, and the more this fills him, the more chance he has to awaken his consciousness.
In the beginning a person tries for instance, to count his breaths for as long as he can, he could watch a creek a longer period, and more realistically. This happens because of the subtle energy: the more one has, the more one prays, the more awakened one becomes. Only after that does the awakening of consciousness happens.
Then Jesus goes to the desert. What is the desert? The mind becomes empty from its sick imagination. I.e. from this moment on a man starts realistically to see the world. His mind is not trapped any more in sick imagination – he just observes things without judgment. He is not imagining any more, therefore he can see without any prejudices and denotations.
Hence Jesus in the desert represents the ability of our consciousness to be empty, i.e. our mind could become empty and would not be imagining anything. It means that we would see and feel ourself realistically. If we see a real creek we won’t have the need to imagine it.
Is it possible to suffer while being in a high state? Of course not! Jesus is guided by the Holy Spirit. And here is where the Devil (sick imagination) starts tempting him – i.e. the sick imagination cunningly and deviously enters the empty mind:
1. Then Jesus was taken by the spirit into a desert to be tempted by the Devil
2. After fasting for forty days and forty nights he became hungry.
Hunger means that the sick imagination became joyful. The Devil tells him: “come on get into your illusions about this world, that the world of imagination does exist”.
3. The tempter tells him: if you are really the son of God, make bread out of these stones.
But Jesus looked at the stones and realizes that he is as empty as these stones; that he became like a desert too and replied:
4. It is not bread alone that keeps a human alive, but the words that come out of God’s mouth.
In other words not only the sick imagination (false ego) will keep a human alive, but the words coming from above, from God, from a Teacher, from spiritual knowledge and spiritual impressions; i.e. alive not only from worldly impressions but from spiritual ones too.
You’ve probably noticed that when you are consumed by a certain interest you forget that your body wants to eat, sleep, and drink? You forget about everything in the world, about all your bodily needs because you are consumed by spiritual impressions, you are filled by them.
Therefore they say, that “Man does not live by bread alone”.
5. Then the devil takes him to the holy town and puts him on a temple’s wing,
6. And tells Him: if you are God’s Son, throw yourself down because it’s written: he will tell his angels to carry you in their arms so that you will not be harmed by the stones.
Here the Devil tempts him with the thought: “Create a miracle: throw yourself down and stay alive”.
Later at the crucifixion one of the thieves is also tempting Jesus with words: “save yourselves and us”. What is happening at that moment? The same way the devil tempted Jesus, people are trying the ones who they want to become holy, they ask him to perform a miracle for them. “the holy person is supposed to be able to create miracles, it can not be otherwise!” – They think. But Sai Baba’s creating “miracles” does not make him holy. And then:
7. Jesus told him: it is also written do not tempt your God (from Matthew, ch.4).
An intelligent person goes for the knowledge, with trust, with faith. Even P.D. Ouspensky (he was quite an intelligent man) demanded from Gurdgieff some miracle. He used to ask: “are there any facts?”, demanding by this some proof of miracle. In the same way man’s sick imagination demands miracles:
28. Peter said to him in reply: God! If it’s you, order me to come to you by walking on the water.
29. Jesus said: go. Peter got out of the boat to come to Jesus, and started walking on the water
30. But when he saw the strong wind, he got frightened, fell in & began drowning and yelled out: God! Save me.
31. Jesus extended to him his hand, supported him and said: you do not have faith! Why did you stumble?
32. When they got back into the boat the wind had stopped.
33. People who were in the boat came up to him bowed to him and said: truly you are the Son of God!
And if a person (like Sai Baba) succumbs to the temptation, thinking that he is so great and starts performing so called miracles, he is fooling himself. One needs to let go of the sick imagination and to strengthen his faith. The biggest miracle is not to live without sleep, not to materialise things but to awaken the consciousness – it is the biggest miracle: to be able to merge with God and to dissolve in God.
8. Again the devil takes him to the highest mountain and shows him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory,
9. And tells him: I will give it all to you if you succumb to me and bow to me.
I.e. imagine that you have it all, that it’s all yours. An ordinary person constantly falls asleep thinking that he owns something, he can not see that he is nobody, that all this is not his.
10. Then Jesus says: go away from me Satan as it is written: Bow only to God and serve only him.
11. Then the devil leaves him, and the angels come and begin serving him (from Matthew, ch.4)
This example tells us that Jesus let go of the sick imagination.
But Jesus still remains. Jesus, i.e. he still has at that moment his false personality. And only when his consciousness completely awakens will he become the Christ. The Bible’s story in the desert shows us that until Jesus dies, (the false personality) a man still remains imperfect.
We can look at the example of the girl-dog. There was an incident when a little girl was found living with a pack of dogs, where she was abandoned by her parents after her birth. While the girl was living with the dogs she completely felt herself as a dog, i.e. her false personality thought so. When she was found and taken to live with people they were telling her: “You are a human, enough walking on your four legs!”, then she would remember and would get up and walk on her two legs. But then she would forget about it quickly and would again walk on her four legs and even bark and crawl, i.e. she kept forgetting that she was a human. And until the memory of her being as a dog died, she would not start walking on her two legs permanently; she would walk sometimes on two legs, sometimes on four. She would fall asleep constantly from time to time.
And until Jesus was alive it means that the consciousness was not fully liberated yet. But if it has awakened, then it’s already in the first stage. A human can and should awaken. And when he understands that the whole world is an illusion then this state gets stronger. When Jesus was in the desert he got stronger in his faith, he got stronger in his belief that the whole world is a desert, that the whole world is dead! It is not life – it’s all just an illusion. The temptations and trials come only for the purpose of making one stronger. Further, according to the Bible’s story then Jesus starts teaching and healing people.
One of the examples of his teaching is Jesus’ mountain sermon. What does “mountain” mean? Jesus gathered his students, the ones who were close to him. In this way a pyramid (mountain) is created, Jesus was on the top, and he rose there before all his students, the ones he was teaching. Yes, he teaches the crowd too, but the crowd is at the very bottom of this pyramid – that is their level. He tells parables to everyone, but the meaning of them is not clear to an ordinary man; the interpretations of parables he gives only to his students.
Who is a student? In the Bible the students represent the spiritual parts, which perceive the knowledge, listen and try to see – i.e. developing. Indeed they (students) are the ones who are there at the mountain with him. The Knowledge that they receive comes from above, from Divine heights. The Bible teaches us to become students (to develop your spiritual parts) and to rise there where Jesus – their Teacher, who guides his students to the top of the mountain, where he is. He has not risen to the heavens yet, he is still at the top of the mountain. The mountain shows us where, on what level we are – levels of human purpose: some have a purpose to be a Teacher, some – to become a student, some have a purpose to go to war for example and so on.
What does it mean to heal in the Bible, from the esoteric point of view? For instance, what does it mean to be blind, deaf, relaxed and so on? Blindness – signifies spiritual blindness; deafness – spiritual deafness. A human who is not open to knowledge is blind, he can not see the real world, and the deaf one can not perceive true knowledge. The relaxed ones in the Bible signify people who completely rely on inner stereotypes of thinking, therefore their mind is relaxed, not susceptible to the outside world and to new knowledge. Jesus heals the relaxed ones:
24. The word about him spread all over Syria; they were bringing the weak ones to him, the ones possessed by various illnesses and fits, the mad ones, the lunatics and the relaxed ones and He healed them.
25. A big crowd followed him, people from Galilee, Jerusalem, Judea and Jordan (Matthew, ch.4)
And yet another example:
6. God! My servant lies at home in relaxation suffering enormously.
7. Jesus tells him: I will come and heal him.
8. He answered: God! I am not worthy for you to enter my house, just say a word and my servant will be healed;
9. As I am a Believer, but I have warriors that will attend me, I tell one: go and he goes; I tell the other one come and he comes; I tell my servant: do this and he does.
10. Jesus was surprised to hear that and he told the ones who followed him: truly, I have not found faith like this in Israel.
11. I am telling you that many people will come from the East and West and reside with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the Heavenly Kingdom;
12. But the sons of the kingdom are going to be rejected into the darkness; there will be cries and grinding of teeth.
13. Jesus said to him: go and everything will happen according to your belief. And his servant recovered at the very same moment (Matthew, ch.8).
Healing – is the awakening of our soul. It helps people to see themselves and the world realistically. Christ helps people to hear the truth, to banish the devil (in sick imagination), and he awakens people (consciousness). This is depicted in the Bible as a miracle; Jesus is great because he performs miracles.
Why are miracles shown? An ordinary person cannot understand until he receives his miracle. An ordinary person will hang back until he sees a miracle. When he sees: “Oh, here they do miracles!” then he will follow. And only few out of them will later perceive the truth and would be able to hear. In reality the true miracle was – that Jesus was awakening people, in his Teachings, how to awaken, in his giving of the knowledge.
There also is a moment when God talks about his people creating two evils for themselves; one of these evils is that they created pots which could not keep the water: conditions, programs, stereotypes, idols. Remember how many people you know who are filled up with conditionings, who create programs and stereotypes for themselves – see how because of this they are full of negative emotions. They get into hysterics and emotional breakdowns from the wrong conditioning (pots). The correct, true conditioning helps us to come to the source of living water.
In the Bible water signifies: murky – negative emotions, pure – positive emotions. High emotions in the Bible mean pure water, living water meaning that this is Higher Truth:
7. A woman comes from Samaria to get some water. Jesus says to her: give me some water to drink.
9. As his students went to the city to buy some food.
10. The Samarian woman says to him: how come you a Judean asks me a Samarian woman for water? As Judean people do not converse with Samarians.
11. Jesus says to her in reply: if you would know the God’s gift and who is asking you for water you would ask him for water and he would give you the living water.
12. The woman says to him: master, you do not have a ladle to get water and the well is deep how could you have living water?
12. Are you bigger than our father Jacob who gave us this well and drank out of it himself with his family and his livestock?
13. Jesus said to her in reply: anyone who drinks this water will become thirsty again.
14. And the ones who drink the water I give to them would never ever be thirsty again: but the water I give them would become in them a source of water flowing into eternal life.
15. The woman says to him: Master! Give me this water so I will not be thirsty and will not come here for water again (Johan, ch.4)
Here we come to the culmination point of the story: Jesus is being judged and sentenced to the crucifixion:
11. Jesus stood in front of the ruler, the ruler asked him: are you the Judaic King? Jesus tells him: you are talking.
12. When he was accused by priests and elders he did not reply.
13. When Pontius Pilate tells him: can’t you hear how many people are testifying against you?
14. And he did not answer to him at all, which surprised the ruler.
15. On the Easter celebration the ruler had a custom to release one prisoner for people, on their demand.
16. There was a well-known prisoner by the name of Barabbas;
17. So when they gathered, Pilate asked them: who do you want me to release? Barabbas or Jesus who is called the Christ?
18. Because Pilate knew that Jesus had been betrayed out of jealousy.
19. While Pilate was sitting in the prosecutors’ chair his wife sent him a message: do not harm this righteous man because I in my dream suffered immensely for him.
20. But the priests and elders talked the people into asking for Barabbas, and to kill Jesus.
The first commandment says:
1. Do not judge and you won’t be judged (Matthew, ch.7).
Pilates signifies the intellectual part in a human (Gurdjieff’s – Ouspenski system) and does not condemn Jesus because he can not see – who is to condemn. I.e. he understands that unaware, sleeping people are mechanical like machines, they are unaware of what they do. And when we come to understanding, at least when we switch on our intellectual center (mind) we see that there is no one to condemn.
Yes, we are making lots of mistakes, but it matters what kind of mistakes. The most important thing is not to make mistakes in regards to our consciousness, to our development – this is when we give ourselves the wrong conditionings, when we react wrongly, when we identify with the wrong things. And if this is happening, we need to repent. Otherwise we do not care if we do something wrong – we are asleep anyway. All people are asleep. Only Christ is awakened. Therefore each one of us can make mistakes, but the most important mistake is when we do not want to develop. We need to repent when we do not want to change something in ourselves, or to become aware.
The crowd in the Gospel – is people’s parts. Therefore when He enters the city they greet him with happiness but in a short while the same people yell: “Kill him! Crucify him!” these are the different parts in human which are asleep, which are unaware of the self, which do not understand what they do:
21. Then the ruler asked them: who do you want me to release for you? They said: Barabbas.
22. Pilates says to them: what do I do with Jesus, who is called Christ? They all say: let him be crucified.
23. The ruler says: what evil did he do? But they only screamed louder: let him be crucified.
24. Pilates sees that nothing helps, but the turmoil is getting stronger, he got some water and washed his hands in front of the crowd and said: I am not guilty of the blood spill of this righteous man; see for yourself.
25. And the crowd says in reply: his blood is on us and our children.
Jesus also says: “God, forgive them as they do not know what they do”, i.e. he does not judge them either, as he can see that they are fully asleep and therefore do not understand what they do. P.D. Ouspensky, the student of Gurdjieff, talks very clearly about it:
I asked Gurdjieff what one needs to do to grasp his teaching.
- What to do? – asked Gurdjieff, surprisingly. – One can not do anything. First of all one needs to understand. Man has thousands of false ideas first of all about himself. He has to get rid of some of them before he can obtain anything new. Otherwise this new knowledge would be built on the wrong basis and the result would be worse than before.
- So how we can get rid of false ideas? – I asked. – We are depending on our forms of perception. False ideas are created by the forms of our perception.
Gurdjieff shook his head.
- You are talking about something else again, he said. – You are talking about mistakes, coming out of perception, but I am not talking about this. Bound by his perception man can be more or less mistaken. However, as I said before the main delusion of a man is that he can do something. All people think that they can do something, all people want to do something; and the first question they ask is: what can I do.
But in reality no one does anything, no one can do anything. This is the first thing one needs to understand. Everything happens. Anything that happens to a man, anything he has done, anything that comes out of him, – it all happens.
And it happens the same way as rainfall after some changes in the upper layers of the atmosphere or in the clouds, the way the snow melts when the sun rays fall on it, the same way as the dust rises from the wind.
It could be seen clearly when we try to do something new, or when our thoughts bump into some contradiction.
Jesus’ crucifixion – is the resurrection of Christ, therefore the crucifixion means to be born again, it shows the inner path of human development, his inner work, esoterically speaking.
46. On the cross, at about nine o’clock Jesus cried out loudly: Ili, Ili! Lama savahvani, which means “My God, My God! Why have You forsaken Me?”
47. Some people who were there heard it and said: He is calling Ilia.
But God had forsaken not him but his false personality so that the Christ, now absolutely free could dissolve in him.
25. At the cross of Jesus, there was his Mother, and his Mother’s sister, Maria Kleopova, and Maria Magdalena.
26. Jesus when he saw his Mother and his student which he loved, said to his Mother: this is your son:
27. And then to his student: she is your mother! From that moment on his student took her to live with him.
The Woman in the Bible, particularly Jesus’ mother signifies the emotional center of a human.
28. After that, Jesus knowing that it has all already happened says: I am thirsty.
29. There was a bottle full of vinegar. Warriors saturated a sponge with it and put it on his lips.
30. When he drank some vinegar, he said: it is done! He lowered his head and passed on (John, ch.19).
Vinegar represents worldly impressions. Precisely these impressions form our false personality.
And what is resurrection? It is liberation from it.
Therefore the most important thing is to let go of our false personality. And the Bible gives us an example how Jesus became stronger in his faith, how he ascertained that all his false personality was based on lies; that sick imagination will not serve you well. He is awakened, he is developing his essence, praying, talking to God, experiencing a state of merging with the Divine, residing in bliss.
That was what he was teaching to his students, that was why he was capable of healing – because of that he was on such high level!
Bu only Jesus could be crucified, only Jesus could die, as going through this cross Christ was being re-born – Christ is resurrected! Because Jesus is getting free from his false personality. So, for as long as Jesus was alive, his Ego, his false personality was alive. He got crucified – and Jesus awakened in Christ! Jesus Christ – is both. In other words ego and consciousness are both present in a human. But when he resurrects and becomes Christ, completely dissolving in God, then his ego dies, and only consciousness remains.
Get awakened! Amen!